Friday, July 6, 2012

Hair Fashion Friday - How to Create the Lady Gaga Bow Bun!

Hey beauties!

Here in Rhode Island, the weather has been wicked hot and extremely humid. I love to wear my hair down, but sometimes I just can't handle it and want to get all of my hair out of my face and off my neck. When the weather is this hot, I usually will wear a messy bun. But the other day, I wanted to make the bun a little more special, so I decided to rock the Lady Gaga bow bun! It is super easy to do and it looks really cute and feminine. I had quite a few people ask me how I did this, so I figured I would do a quick tutorial for y'all! :)

What you'll need:
- An elastic the color of your hair
- Bobby pins the color of your hair
- Hairspray

First off, you want to start by gathering all of your hair into a high ponytail. Tie it with the elastic, but instead of pulling all of your hair through on the last turn, only pull half of your hair through and leave it in a loop. Also, make sure you do not pull your hair completely through. You will want to leave a little tail hanging from the loop.


After you have your hair in the loop, you will want to split the loop in half, vertically.


After you have your loop split, take the little tail of hair that is left and pull it straight up.


After you have the tail straight up, you want to take the tail and wrap it between the split that you made.


Secure the tail with a couple bobby pins that are the color of your hair. As you can see in the picture above, my bow loops are a little small, so I just used my fingers to pull them apart and fluff them up a bit. I finished by spraying some hairspray to tame the flyaways and any hair that may be sticking out of the bow.


And, this is the finished look! As you can see, it really is SUPER easy and really cute! If I can do it, anyone can do it. I had posted a picture on a beauty Facebook page, and someone asked me if thin haired people can pull this look off? Just to let y'all know, my hair is super thin and if I was able to achieve this, I think people with any hair texture, thin or thick can. Of course, the thicker your hair the bigger your bow will be.

Would you ever rock this look!? Let me know if you decide to try it! I would love to see some pictures!

Hope you guys are all having an awesome summer!

Stay forever beautiful!
Love and hugs,
Keri

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Totally going to have to try it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely let me know if you do! It's so super easy to do!!

      Delete