Thursday, April 19, 2012

Braided Bridesmaids Hairstyles - Opinions Needed, Please!

Hey beauty babes!

This past Fall, one of my good friends asked me to be a bridesmaid in her upcoming May 2012 wedding. Of course I said yes. I have known her since I was in 5th grade, for over 20 years! We lost touch for a couple years during college, but regained friendship shortly after. When she asked me to be a part of one of the most important days of her life, I was honored. Of course with me being into style, beauty and makeup like I am, I was really excited to go dress shopping, look at hairstyles and bridal makeup .

All the bridesmaids went dress shopping back in December. The bride wasn't too sure if she wanted us to wear a long dress or a short dress. After trying on several dresses, she ended up going with a really pretty light, pale blue long dress. The dress is flattering and looks great on all of the girls, which is hard seeing as we are all so different. The color is pretty, but it is a bit hard for me to pull off because I am so pale. I definitely need to go tanning a few times before hand. The bride said, since we all got the same dress, we could each pick out whatever shoes we want to wear - we just had to make sure they were silver. I picked out really cute 3-inch silver, sandal heals that are very glittery and sparkly!

I think these shoes are so cute! The best part was they were SO cheap! Originally they were priced at $35. But when I bought them at Deb's, they were marked down to just $9!!! What a steal! :)

I am going to be doing my own makeup. I am going to use one of my neutral palettes (either my Naked, Naked 2 or Nude 'Tude) and do a soft neutral bronze eye with nice liner and lots of mascara! I am going to go with a soft peach cheek. My focal point with be my lips - I plan on wearing one of my NYX round lipsticks in a coral shade.

I have everything planned out except how I'm going to wear my hair. This has been something I've been struggling with since the beginning. My friend wants out hair to be up. I went over her house a few days ago and we were looking online at updos. I pointed out some that I liked, most of which were braided styles. Since my hair is so thin and I have NO idea how to work with it, I am going to get it done by a hairstylist. The problem is, I don't know which one to pick! I put some pictures below to show you some styles that I like and were thinking about doing for the wedding. I need your help on deciding on which one will look best on my thin hair. 

This look is simple yet classy. It will definitely be warm during the wedding and this style will keep my hair off my neck. 

 I like this style because it is not polished and a little messy. I prefer the messy look over the polished look. 

 This updo doesn't have a braid, but I still really like it. I really like the soft, side-swept bangs. 

 This braided style looks like the first one, but isn't so perfect and polished. 

 The bride wants our hair up, but I love this look. I would just tie my hair into a low messy bun.

 This is probably my favorite look out of the ones here. Its very soft and messy. 

 I think this style is different. I like the small braids all throughout. 

So, whatcha think!? Which styles do you like best and why!? Which do you think I should wear!? The wedding is just a little more than 2 weeks away, so I need to make a decision quick. Please leave a comment letting me know which you think would work for my hair type and which style I should rock!

Thanks for helping!



Stay forever beautiful!
Love and hugs,
Keri :-)

*All hairstyle pictures were borrowed from Google Image, except for the last one which was borrowed from Amy Elizabeth's Hair Design Facebook Page.




No comments:

Post a Comment