Friday, May 18, 2012

Rock Concert Makeup!

Hey Babes!

Along with all things beauty and style related, music is a HUGE part of my life! It always has been and I am sure it always will be. Rock and metal music has helped me get through tough times in my life, especially when I was going through my diagnosis with Crohn's disease. Anyways, my first 'rock' concert was No Doubt back when I was in junior high school. After that show, I became a concert junkie and went to shows whenever I had free time (and extra money).

My all time favorite concert that I went to was the 2003 Ozzfest. The lineup was insane!!! On the main stage, it included Korn, Manson, Disturbed (my all time favorite!), Chevelle and of course Ozzy. At that time, I wasn't really into makeup all that much. I probably just threw on some blush and lip gloss and called it a day. But, over the years my love for makeup increased, so I had to figure out a makeup look that would work for those intense nights spent at a rock or metal show.

Last Monday, I went to a Korn concert with one of my friends so this was the perfect opportunity to show you how I rock my makeup (no pun intended. Haha!) at shows. It was inside and in a really small venue. Since I figured it was going to be real warm, I definitely did not want to wear a full face of makeup. I wanted to play up my eyes a little, so I started thinking and this is the look that I came up with!

Here is what I decided to wear to the Korn show. I decided to keep the makeup light, but still really pretty. I like how the inner corners of my eyes are highlighted and the focus of the look. 

I'm really digging the pop of color on the lower lash line trend!

I achieved this look with just 4 different eyeshadows and a jumbo eye pencil! It seriously only took 5 minutes, tops!

Eyes:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- theBalm's Nude 'Tude Palette (Stand-Offish, Sultry, Serious and Sassy)
- NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Oyster on lower lash line
- Urban Decay's 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion on water line
- Tarte's Light, Camera, Lashes Mascara

Face:
- Milani's Blush with Brush in Luminous
- theBalm's Mary Lou-Manizer

Lips:
- Milani's Lipstick in Grape-Tini

This look is super simple, but I think it's really pretty and it is appropriate for a concert. It isn't so much that you stand out and look like you don't fit in with the crowd, but it is just enough to make you look polished and put together. 

What is your favorite concert you've been to!? What kind of makeup do you where when you go to a show!? My next show is System of a Down! They are coming in August! 

I will be back from vacation in a few days, and be back to posting regularly sometime in the beginning of the week!

Stay forever beautiful!
Love and hugs,
Keri  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment