Thursday, March 15, 2012

*First Impression* - theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer

Hey Beauty Babes!

I was out with my sister today running some errands and got an email on my phone from UPS saying that theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer that I ordered from Hautelook had been delivered! It was supposed to arrive tomorrow, but it came a day early! I wasn't home so they left it out in front of my door, which I HATE! Anyways, I am super excited because I am starting to slowly build up my high end cosmetic collection and ordering from Hautelook is a great way to do so without breaking bank!

This is going to be a quick first impressions post! theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer is extremely popular in the world-of-makeup. If you ask people to recommend a good highlighter, they will point you to Mary-Lou! That is how I ended up ordering it, and so far, I am glad I did! Here are a few pics of Miss Mary-Lou Manizer!

theBalms Mary-Lou Manizer would look great on most skin tones!

This compact contains a ton of product! It is huge! I know people say that certain makeup lasts them 'forever', but I am pretty sure this will literally last me FOREVER! This highlighter is definitely very noticeable, so you only need a little bit to get the job done. Mary-Lou is a very pretty shimmery-champagne color with gold undertones. It is very soft and when I swatched it on my hand, it blended with ease.


The packaging is ADORABLE! Very vintage!

This highlighter does not contain actual glitters. It is very, very shimmery, so a little bit of product goes a real long way. If you are not careful when applying, I am sure it would be very easy to over do it with this product. So make sure you use a light hand when applying, unless you are going for a heavy, shimmery look. This product can be applied all over your face, you do not have to use it just on your cheeks. To get that glowy, shimmery look, try applying it to your lips and eyes.

This compact contains .30 oz of product and retails for $24. I was lucky enough to find this on Hautelook and only paid $12!

I only rubbed my finger over the highlight twice and got a very heavy swatch! As you can see this swatch is not blended. A light hand is need when applying this product!

Since I just got this yesterday, I've only played with it a little bit. I am sure I will be getting A LOT of use out of this, as I just adore highlighters! I can already tell, this will be my 'go to' product when I am looking to add a bit of shimmer to my look!

I know lots of you guys took advantage of this being on Hautelook. If you ordered it, did you receive it yet? What is your first impressions of Mary-Lou!?

Stay forever beautiful!
Love and hugs,
Keri

Song of the Day - Actually just watching Tarte on QVC! :-P

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review.

    I got my Mary-Lou Manizer from HauteLook yesterday too. I haven't done much more than swatch on my hand either, but I think I'm in love! I've been on the hunt for a highlighter that's glowy without being glittery and this looks like it'll fit the bill. Can't wait to try it out for real today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog! Make sure you subscribe if you haven't already! :)

      Have you gotten a chance to play with it more yet? OMG! I AM IN LOVE! Lol!!! It is perfect! I think it will look great this summer with a little tan! Perfect! :)

      Delete