Thursday, March 1, 2012

February 2012 Favorites!

Hey Beauty Babes!

Since starting a blog, I have wanted to do a 'favorites' post but have never gotten around to it. This month, I made it a point to pay close attention to what beauty products I reach for most and which products I am truly enjoying. I have used all of the products listed below countless times and have nothing but great things to say about each of them.

Keri's February 2012 favorites! :)

Here, is my first monthly favorites post! I hope you all enjoy it!

I bought the Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV from HauteLook in the beginning of February!

At the beginning of the month, HauteLook had Urban Decay featured on their site. They had several really great deals, one being the Book of Shadows IV. When it first was released it was originally $64, which is quite steep! I was not going to shell out that kind of money for makeup. But when I saw that HauteLook had it on sale for just $29, I just had to get it! I received this about two weeks ago, and have used it almost daily since. I love everything about it. If you are familiar with Urban Decay's eyeshadows, you know they are amazing! The 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion is great too! It does not budge and stays on until you decide to take it off. I am glad I purchased this and know I will get lots of use out of it!

Gravity is an awesome medium purple that has a frosted, shimmery finish.

Sin is a pinky-champagne color that is very shimmery.

Gravity and Sin are two colors out of the Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV that I really do enjoy! Gravity is a medium purple color that is very frosted. It can be applied sheer or built up to be quite intense. I love pairing Gravity with Sin. Sin is an awesome 'everyday' color. It is a champagne color that has pinkish undertones. It is a very shimmery color. It looks beautiful paired with several different colors or worn alone. I usually do a 'sandwich' smokey eye, with Gravity on the inner and outter corner and Sin in the middle. It is real simple to do and looks great!

Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara, ELF Contour Brush and Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Very Hot Pink are other eye products that I really enjoyed using in February!

Besides the Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV, I have been enjoying a few other eye products. I picked up the Revlon Photoready 3D Volume mascara on a whim about a month ago during a trip to Walmart. I had heard pretty good things about it and decided to try it and I am SO glad I did! I really makes my eyes look like I have false lashes on. It is super easy to apply and doesn't clump! I have also been in the market for new brushes and went to Target to check out the ELF brushes because they are super cheap and good in quality. The ELF Contour Brush works great to get the 'outter V' detail and works great in the crease. It was only $3 and totally worth it! Lastly, a few weeks back, I checked out a small indie company called Dawn Eyes Cosmetics and ordered a bunch of samples of their pigments. I am really loving the bright pink pigment, appropriately named, Very Hot Pink. It is extremely vibrant and blends effortlessly. I am excited to check out more from her company!

Clinique's Blush in Breathless Berry and ELF's Shimmering Facial Whip in Spotlight are two face products that I used almost daily in February!

I love highlights! I think having a little shimmer on the cheek, nose and cupid's bow looks amazing. It gives people a youthful and fresh look. Of course, I have been wanting to check out all the higher end highlighting products, but I just couldn't see paying so much for so little product. I was looking around and saw that ELF had some really good highlighters. During a Target trip, I decided to check out their Shimmering Facial Whips and I am so glad I did! This highlight works perfectly and it was only $1! It stays put all day long and gives me that dewy glow that I was looking for. About a month ago, a friend sent me a bunch of makeup to help build my collection back up (it was stolen while I was working at Disney World!). One of the products in the box o' makeup was Clinique's Blush in Breathless Berry. OMG! This blush is the prettiest color ever! I use this color all the time. It is a nice dusty rose color with a hint of shimmer and sparkle. I am really impressed and think I am going to be trying more blushes from Clinique in the future!

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Sponge Cake, Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie and Hard Candy's Glossaholic Lip Gloss in Tipsy are all lip products that I loved in February!

Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butters have gotten a cult following. They are amazing. The texture, color and shine provides a great everyday wash of color for the lips. I have quite a few of these little babies, and love them all. But my favorite, by far, is Berry Smoothie. I reach for it at least 4 times a week. I love the color and shine it gives. If you use it lightly the color is very sheer, but if you build it up, the color is intense. My most favorite lip gloss are the NYX's Mega Shine Lip Glosses. The texture is great and it is not too sticky. They have a wide color range and smell amazing. My favorite color is Sponge Cake. It looks great on top of any nude lipstick. I reach for this several times a week. Lastly, I got sent some samples from Hard Candy a few weeks back. One of the products in the box was a Glossaholic Lip Gloss in Tipsy. This container is HUGE and the gloss smells great. It gives a really great shine and sparkle to any lipstick. I definitely recommend checking this gloss out!

That's it! I am really excited that I finally did a 'favorites' post and I look forward to doing them each month.

Did I list any products that you currently use on a regular basis? Are you interested in checking out any of the items that I talked about!? If so, let me know which ones you are thinking of buying!

Stay forever beautiful,
Love and hugs,
Keri

Song of the Day: Closure - Chevelle

6 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing the ELF shimmering facial whip for a while. I really want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! I think you'd really like them. They are so worth it and only $1. It looks like a small tube but you use so little product that it will last so long. Also, make sure you really shake it up before using it cuz it can settle a little. Let me know if you get it and how you end up liking it!

      Delete
  2. Awesome favorite :) love the UD palette and the NYX glosses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britney! I really appreciate it! I love the NYX glosses, I want to pick up lots more. And I am so glad I ended up purchasing the UD palette. Im getting good use out of it.

      Delete
  3. I love the UD palette too - what a great deal you got on it! Sin is one of my favorite eye shadow shades of all time. I love how it brightens the eye. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. I love Sin it is so pretty. I actually have a single of Sin and have used quite a bit of it. So I am glad another one came in the BOS IV. Now I have a backup!

      Delete