Saturday, February 4, 2012

*Fresh Look* - Physician's Formula Nude Eyes Palette

Hey Beauty Babes!!

Nude and neutral palettes have been popping up everywhere in the makeup world! Urban Decay has probably taken the lead (in my opinion) in the world of neutral eyeshadows with the highly-coveted Naked Palette and with the recent release of the Naked 2 Palette. NYX, TheBalm, Too Faced and Coastal Scents all have their own versions of a neutral palette. Drugstore brands, including Physician's Formula are also following the neutral craze, with recently releasing the cutest palette in the drugstore; the Nude Eyes Palette!


The cutest palette on the block - The Physicians Formula Nude Eyes Palette


At first glance you can't help but notice how adorably cute the packaging is on this palette. The pale pink color of the palette is wrapped in sexy lace and topped with a tiny, pink bow! There are three other palettes in this line; Smokey (blues, blacks and silvers) which is a sleek, black palette adorned with a diamond gem. Fashionista (purples, blacks and a random yellow) has purple snake skin packaging with a small, yellow button. Lastly, Casual (a mix of colors, including browns, blues and purples) that's dressed in jean and embellished with a cute zipper.

These palettes all have nine strips, each a different color. Six of the strips are larger in size and three strips are a bit smaller. I am not quite sure why they did this, because the three smaller colors, are the ones that I like best. The colors in the Nude Eyes Palette range from black to brown to bronze to pale, pale pink to shimmery white. The palette does come with a single, sponge tip applicator, but the applicator is cut on a slant. I do find this applicator somewhat useful for packing on color, but I do not use it for anything besides that.


There are nine neutral colors in the Nude Eyes Palette - all of which are very shimmery!


Now, let's talk about the shadows. These colors are beautiful. They are all shimmery, which definitely transfers onto the lids. So, if you are not a fan of shimmer, you may want to pass on this product. When I swatched these eyeshadows on my forearm, I wasn't all that impressed with the pigmentation. The darker colors (the first four) showed up somewhat ok, but the rest were barely visible. All you could see was shimmer. I tried them out on my eyes with out any primer or base, and it just looked like I put an extremely light wash of shimmer on my lids.


Physician's Formula Nude Eyes swatched without a primer or base.


So the next day, I tried out the same colors, but I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion and NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and the difference was very noticeable! I really liked the way the shadows wore with a primer and base. The dark shadows were much darker and the lighter ones actually had color, instead of just shimmer! So, if you do purchase this palette, you definitely need to use a primer and/or base to get the colors to show up like they do in the pan.


Physician's Formula Nude Eyes with UDPP and NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. As you can see, the colors look much more pigmented with a primer and base!


You can find this palette in drugstore, Target and Wal-Mart for about $10.95. I know that is a bit pricey for drugstore makeup and you are probably wondering if it is worth it. I think it is worth it, IF you use a primer or some sort of base. If you don't plan on using anything under the shadows I would probably say skip this item because you will not get much color payoff. I do really like this palette and since I have gotten it, I have used it almost daily. It is really versatile and you can get lots of looks with it!

Before I end this post, I would like to thank Nichole from Beauty Broadcast for sending me this palette! :) I really am enjoying it!!

Stay forever beautiful!
Love and hugs,
Keri :-P

6 comments:

  1. I have this palette too and I love it. Some people complain about the colors, but it is a nude palette! I use UDPP as my primer and they show really well then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, some colors show better than others, but I still enjoy it a lot! I wouldnt use it without a primer, cuz it really doesnt show but if you use a primer, youre fine! Thanks for commenting! I would love to see some looks that youve created with the palette!! :)

      Delete
  2. This palette looks lovely, nice colours!


    I found your blog in one of the groups on Beautylish and am now following! would be great if you could check out my blog and follow me too!

    Kim

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will def follow back! Make sure to check back often!

      Delete
  3. I keep seeing this, think I'm going to have to buy it now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like nude/neutral colors then I definitely think you should pick it up! I think you will enjoy it! I don't think it can compare to the Naked or Naked 2 palette. But it is really good quality and super cute. And the colors last a long time on the lids! Let me know if you get it and how you like it!!

      Delete