Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Maybelline - Falsies Flared vs. Falsies Black Drama; Which is Better!?

Hey Beauty Babes!

If you were only allowed to own one item of makeup, what would you choose!? Now, I love me my makeup, but the product I absolutely adore and MUST have would be, without a doubt, mascara! I was blessed in the lashes department; my lashes are naturally thick and long, and I got lots of them! So, when I get a really good mascara, it can actually make my eyes look like I have false lashes on. I am always on the hunt for the perfect mascara - one that can make me achieve my desired look of wearing dramatic falsies, but without actually having to apply them.

When I first bought Maybelline's The Falsies Flared mascara back in the summer, I was a little bit skeptical. There are tons of mascaras out there that all claim the same thing - to give you perfect lusciously long lashes, but unfortunately, most fall short of that promise. Even though I didn't have high hopes for this product, I bought it anyways and when I got home I tried the mascara. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the outcome; I really enjoy wearing it! I like it so much that I repurchased it at least three more times!

Now, let's fast forward to January 2012. I was in Walmart one day, browsing the makeup section (per usual) and out of nowhere, decided to purchase the other mascara in The Falsies line which is called Black Drama. Since I was using The Falsies Flared for the past 6 months, I figured that Black Drama has to be just as good, if not better. Well, I was right! The Falsies Black Drama takes the cake!

L to R - Maybelline's The Falsies Black Drama and The Falsies Flared mascara

The Falsies Flared mascara has a nice brush. The wand is very flexible and the brush itself is curved and a little chunky. The mascara does not goop up on the brush, but it does have a little extra product on the tip (nothing that a little wiping off wont fix). The curved brush makes application really simple. I always apply two coats to my upper lashes and I have never experienced any clumping. I also, apply one coat on my lower lashes and after wearing it for the entire day, it never smudges, flakes or fades. It gave my lashes great volume and a little extra length and it really defined my lashes too! When I wear this mascara it looks like I have a natural pair of fake lashes on. It really does make my lashes look pretty.

Maybelline's The Falsies Flared mascara. As you can see the wand is a little thicker and curved.

The Falsies Flared Mascara

Maybelline's The Falsies Black Drama comes in the same purple tube. It also has the same extremely flexible wand. It is so flexible, I thought I broke it when I was pulling it out of the tube (oops!) The brush is curved, exactly like The Falsies Flared, but the brush on Black Drama is a little bit skinnier than the Flared brush. The brush is also the same length and a little product does collect on the tip of it. Both mascaras have a slightly wet formula, which I happen to like. I bought both of the mascaras in the color black, and they are both very dark and coat the lashes well.

Maybelline's The Falsies Black Drama mascara and wand. The wand is thinner and and also curved.

Maybelline's The Falsies Black Drama mascara

So at first look, the only difference so far is the thickness of the brushes. The real differences is how my lashes look after application. Now, I said before, they both preform very well. I am pleased with them both. But I do like Black Drama better because it gives me incredible volume, extreme length and excellent separation, where as the Flared didn't give me as much length. When I wore Black Drama my upper lashes were literally touching my eyelid when my eyes were open. My sister really thought I had false lashes on, and when I told her I didn't have lashes on, she literally touched them to check to see if I was lying!

On my left eye I'm wearing The Falsies Black Drama and on the right, The Falsies Flared.

I really think both mascaras are great, but I will no longer purchase The Falsies Flared, but I will most definitely buy another tube of Black Drama when I run out! The Falsies Black Drama is my drugstore holy grail mascara! So, if you haven't already checked The Falsies out, I really suggest trying them. If you're looking for separation, volume and length, the triple threat, definitely go for the Black Drama. But, if you are looking for volume and not so much length, then try the Flared. Either way, I really think you'll be pleased with the outcome of these mascaras!

Stay forever beautiful!
Love and hugs,
Keri ;-)


Song of the Day: Chevelle - Vitamin R

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That was my HG mascara for a while!!!
      I had no desire to try the Black Drama, but one day I just went for it! Lol!
      Have you tried the Black Drama!?
      What do you think of it? If you haven't give it a try! I think you will like it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this comparison review! I wasn't sure if I should get the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara or this but I will definitely get this Maybelline mascara!! :)

    ~Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete