Ever since I can remember, I have always struggled with having extremely dark circles under my eyes. My under eye circles were a pain in the butt -- no matter what I did to try to conceal them, they would NEVER go away!! I tried getting more sleep, putting cucumbers on my eyes, doing vitamin rubs and concealing the heck out of them with makeup. Up until recently, nothing worked! It was so, so annoying because sometimes it actually got to the point where I looked ill because of the darkness that was under my eyes. I had pretty much given up on trying to hide my under eye circles. I thought I was just going to have to accept them and learn to live with them. I tried concealing them with all sorts of makeup - drugstore and high end and never got results that I was happy with.
One day not too long ago, I tried applying my under eye makeup a little differently and guess what!?! I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome! My under eye darkness was dramatically lighter! My dark circles were barely noticeable and it was all achieved with just a few techniques that I am going to share with y'all!
- If the circles under your eyes tend to be purple, use concealer with a yellowish tone. If your under eye circles are blue, get a concealer that is more orange colored. Reddish circles? Grab an olive-based concealer. If your circles have more of a brownish tone, try one with a blue or mauve shade. These concealers will look funny in the tube, but when they are applied to your dark circles you will immediately see their neutralizing effects!
2. Once you select a concealer that fits your skin tone and has the proper undertones based on your dark circles, you are going to want to map out a triangle area that starts directly under your eye.
- You are going to want to start in the corner, directly below the tear duct, then go to the end of the eye and bring the concealer to the end of your nose in a triangle shape (see pic below).
4. Powder the area under your eyes with very fine translucent powder to set the corrective concealer.
- If you can, you are going to want to try to find one that has silicone or silica in it, so it fills in the fine lines that may be under your eyes.
5. After you gently fill in your triangle area with concealer you may notice that the color is a little more yellow or more pink than your actual skin tone. You are going to need to add some warmth to it to get it to match your skin and blend into the area correctly.
6. Once you pick a color that matches your skin properly, you will want to add it and blend it into the concealer that you just put down. this will also help you buff out any harsh lines that the corrective concealer may have left.
After you blended your concealer in you are going to see such a difference in your eyes! But you are not done quite yet!
7. Next you're going to want to set your concealer with some powder to make sure it lasts all day. You can either use the powder that you used after applying the corrective concealer or you can use a powder that is close to your skins natural color to add a little warmth to your face.
- I find applying the powder with a sponge, rather than a brush actually makes the concealer last much longer because you are actually pressing the product into your skin rather than just having it sit on top.
As you can see my right eye (left if you are looking at this picture) looks SO much better! It is much brighter and the darkness is almost completely gone!!
Now you are done! And you will be able to see such a difference! Your entire eye area will look brighter and more awake. It will also help reduce the look of under eye bags. This is actually real simple and can be done in less that five minutes! I learned this from a beauty magazine and ever since trying it, I have seen such a difference. My friends and family have too! They have told me my dark circles are almost completely gone! The pictures in this post show my dark circles, but they are actually much worse in person. You can see in the after pics that my under eye circles are almost eliminated!
Look at the difference! I applied concealer to both eyes, using this easy technique and my dark circles are virtually gone!
I hope if you have problems with darkness in your under eye area, you give this technique a shot. Please let me know if you try it and how it works for you!
Stay forever beautiful!
Love and hugs,
Song of the day: Stricken - Disturbed